Take a walk on the spicy side and try our Potato Skewers!
Moroccan Grilled Potato Skewers
Published: July 10, 2013
- Yield: 6 Servings
Potatoes take a walk on the spicy side in the bold yet light side dish. It’s seasoned with a flavor-packed charmoula (pesto-like sauce), grilled and sprinkled with a Moroccan spice blend. Add some chicken or lean beef for a complete kabob-style dinner. If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 1-1/2 pound assorted Dakota Red Ruby, Dakota White and yellow potatoes unpeeled, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup charmoula*
- 12 picked lemon rind 1-inch pieces
- 12 bay leaves fresh or dried
- 12 Kalamata olives (optional) pitted
- Moroccan spice blend* as needed**
- Simmer potatoes until tender, drain and toss with charmoula. Cool. Thread one cube of each kind of potato onto each of 6 skewers, alternating with 1 bay leaf, 1 piece lemon rind and 1 olive.
- Grill skewers over gas or charcoal grill, turning to form grill marks on each side. Sprinkle with Moroccan spice blend.
- *To make Charmoula, in blender, purée 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, 3/4 cup parsley leaves, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 6 cloves garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 1/ 2 teaspoons paprika, 3/8 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. (Yield: 3/4 cup)
- ** Use a good quality store-bought Moroccan spice blend.