It can take up to fifteen years to develop a unique potato variety, and at White Diamond Potatoes, we are committed to the process. Working closely with the potato breeding program at North Dakota State University’s (NDSU) Research and Development Foundation, we donate testing plots and provide support to their important work. While they are focused on developing new cultivars resistant to disease, we believe there is value in identifying and developing potato varieties best suited for specific preparations.
The excellent soils in the glacial ridge of the Northern Plains region, along with the warm days and cool nights, mean ideal growing conditions for premium potatoes. Investments in proper irrigation and storage methods result in a potato performing consistently all year round.
The Diamond Russet is non-GMO, and is raised using eco-friendly practices. It does not require growing treatments used for the Russet Burbank, and the plant is resistant to verticillium wilt and late blight.
The Diamond Russet is available year round in a 50# box.
- Performs consistently as an amazing fresh-cut fry, or as an excellent baked potato
- Very little variation in taste or texture in all seasons
- Maintains a longer hold time after cooking, retaining freshness, firmness and flavor
- Maintains a light color after frying
- Doesn’t darken at different times of the year
- The high density of the Diamond Russet delivers a superior flavor
- It makes better tasting fresh-cut fries because no soaking or blanching is needed
- Just cut and fry! No soaking needed! No blanching needed! Reduces labor time
- Less frying time needed – reducing labor and energy
- Absorbs less oil when frying – reducing the amount of cooking oil needed