Full of flavor and colors, this recipe is the perfect twist on the traditional potato salad
Rainbow Roasted Potato Salad
Published: August 7, 2013
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
- 2 large Dakota Red Ruby Potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large Dakota White Diamond potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 2 cups fresh green beans ends trimmed and beans halved
- 1 cup zucchini halved and sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash halved and sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup shallots sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, combine both the potatoes and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, until tender and browned. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large pan set over medium heat, add green beans and 3 tablespoons water. Sauté until beans are bright green and water has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the pan. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and corn to the pan. Cook until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add thyme and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper to the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, until fragrant. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes. Cool to room temperature. Once cool, add the potatoes to the other vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and sugar. Continue whisking constantly and slowly drizzle in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add the shallots and stir.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the potato salad and gently toss to coat. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve at room temperature or cool.